f-Theta Scan Lenses, Cutting Lenses and much more
Cutting optics form a crucial part of your laser system. ULO Optics understands the need to keep your system running, which is why we carry replacement stock for the most commonly used laser optics around the world, such as Trumpf and Bystronic or Amada flat bed cutters. ULO Optics uses only the best laser grade material and highest quality coatings, producing low absorption lenses which are useful up to the highest power applications.
As well as ensuring we have the most commonly used optics available from stock, our experienced and highly qualified technical team is able to quote for your custom optical requirements. We can manufacture ZnSe lenses from 5 mm to 250 mm diameter with a thickness from 2 mm to 25 mm. Our CO2 lenses have a CW damage threshold of 3,000 W/mm (note that a 5kW beam with a diameter of 20mm is only 5000/20 = 250 W/mm).
We offer a wide variety of lenses for your needs:
Dimensional tolerances for standard lenses, windows and mirrors are as follows:
- Diameter: +0/-0.1 mm for most diameters, +0/-0.05 mm for 1.5″ lenses
- Centre thickness: +/-0.1 mm
- Edge thickness variation: most lenses within 0.03 mm and some within 0.05 mm
- Focal length: +/-0.5%. Some long focal singlet scanning lenses can be 1 to 2% due to highly meniscus shape
- Surface form: typically less than 1 visible fringe on a 38 mm diameter test area
- Surface roughness: within 20 Å rms
Tighter tolerances are possible on custom optics. Sometimes they are interrelated if very tight, e.g. the achievable flatness on a window can depend on the thickness (rigidity).