ULO Optics, the market leader in scanning lens technology for almost two decades, offers the widest range of singlet, doublet and triplet f-theta lenses available on the market. Being the first to make these lenses commercially available, ULO developed what is now considered to be the industry standard, the 48TSL series. These lenses are often used with our CO2mpact Range of beam expanders (C-BE Series).
Additinally, ULO Optics provides light-weight mirrors for high speed systems.
All scanner optics can be coated to your specifications, or are available from stock with our Supermax or UltraLO coatings for superior performance.
Dimensional tolerances for standard lenses, windows and mirrors are as follows:
- Diameter: +0/-0.1 mm for most diameters, +0/-0.05 mm for 1.5″ lenses
- Centre thickness: +/-0.1 mm
- Edge thickness variation: most lenses within 0.03 mm and some within 0.05 mm
- Focal length: +/-0.5%. Some long focal singlet scanning lenses can be 1 to 2% due to highly meniscus shape
- Surface form: typically less than 1 visible fringe on a 38 mm diameter test area
- Surface roughness: within 20 Å rms
Tighter tolerances are possible on custom optics. Sometimes they are interrelated if very tight, e.g. the achievable flatness on a window can depend on the thickness (rigidity).